About the Contest
Each year we spot-light the talent here at IVCC and think a little competition is an exciting way to do so. We’ve chosen three loosely defined categories to inspire and capture your creativity: art/photography, writing/prose, and poetry/experimental. We challenge you to make us cry, make us question, or make our hearts swell; we want you to push the boundaries of genre and force us to pull an all-nighter trying (impossibly) to name a winner.
Winning pieces should reflect the human experience, good or bad. Winners in each category will be announced spring 2018 and published in the 2018 issue of River Currents. All contest submissions will be considered for general publication as well.
When emailing contest entries, please do the following:
- fill out this form
- we will ask you to provide your name as you’d like it to appear in print, the title of your work as you’d like it to appear in print, and the contest category in which it’s being submitted.
- email the submission file to RiverCurrents.IVCC@gmail.com
- written submission files should be a .doc .docx or .rtf file
- visual submission files should be a .jpg or .png file
- Include “Contest Entry” the subject line of your email