Submissions should be emailed as a file attachment to RiverCurrents.IVCC@gmail.com.
All submissions must be original work, no reproductions accepted. For general submissions, please include your name, the title of your work, and the medium (poetry, oil on canvas, memoir, etc.) in your email. River Currents accepts up to 20 pages of prose (10 page maximum per piece), up to 8 individual poems, and up to 10 visual image submissions per student.
View our IVCC Creates Contest page for contest submission guidelines.
Students whose work is chosen to appear in the forthcoming 2017 issue have been notified, and all are invited to the 2017 release party.
2018 issue submission deadline is October 2 at 11:59 p.m.
- submit work as a .doc .docx or .rtf file
- provide your name as you’d like it to appear in print, the title of your work as you’d like it to appear in print, and whether it’s poetry, essay, fiction, screenplay, creative non-fiction, or memoir
- send no more than 8 individual poems
- limit prose pieces to 7-10 pages; a maximum of 20 pages per student
Visual and Graphic Artwork
- submit work as a .jpg or .png file
- provide your name asy ou’d like it to appear in print, the title of your work as you’d like it to appear in print, and medium of the artwork
- provide color photograph of physical artwork such as paintings, ceramics, textiles, ect.
- while River Currents cannot accept the actual paintings, ceramics, textiles, etc. as submissions, we may request gallery time for artwork
- send no more than 10 visual submissions